Friday, 1 July 2011

Thing 1 Blogging

I have just managed to set up this blog to start my ramblings which is quite an achievement in itself!

I have supported and encouraged my team to explore social networking over the last few years from a theoretical position ie believing that there is value in the medium but not ever having engaged with it myself.  cpd23 offered a great opportunity to have a go myself in an environment where I can ask simple and straightforward questions and not feel stupid about doing so.  I understand how our academics feel about not wanting to admit what they don't know and being afraid to ask questions.  Hopefully I may get some new insights through my own experience about how best to support and encourage our less confident and more technophobic academics.  I also hope to be able to learn by doing and by the end of the course to feel more knowledgeable and enthused by the possibilities of the new technologies.

The process of setting up this blog has already involved a number of discussions and several simple questions being asked so I am really grateful to my colleagues for being so supportive and trust that they will continue to be happy to answer my most basic of questions as we progress.

1 comment:

  1. It's lovely to see that you are onboard! I'm enjoying the Things so far. All very useful in this age of technology!

    ReplyDelete